Calculating Thermal Load for your wine cellar can be very difficult.
Here are some of the main points to look at when figuring out Thermal Load on your Wine Room.
- What is the Temperature and Humidity around the cellar?
- What is the R value of the insulation?
- What is your desired wine storage temperature?
- Do you have any glass? How much? Single or Dual pane?
- Are any walls exposed to the exterior and have a high heat load?
- Does the lighting in the wine cellar generate any heat?
- What type of cooling system will you be using?
- How many Bottles are you storing?
- Is it residential or commercial? How often will the door be opened?
All of this and more play a part on the thermal load of your wine cellar.
Luckily our friends over at CellarPro have put together an awesome form to calculate this for you as a service.
Check it out right here. http://www.cellarprocoolingsystems.com/request-thermal-load
They also have R-Values for various construction materials here. http://www.cellarprocoolingsystems.com/r-value-table